The marketing area is full of fashion words, English terms and acronyms that confuse more than helping. For those who are starting or have just heard a new concept, the feeling of confusion is constant.
However, the truth is that only from novelties come up from time to time, the key macro concepts and strategies of digital marketing can be seen in a few examples. In this post, I will list the most important 6 that will help you get a good view of the market.
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): These are the strategies used to achieve organic rankings in the search engines (Google, BING, etc). In that case you will be concerned about the good structure of your pages / posts to be found easily with the volume of pages / posts of your site / blog, as well as partnerships to get links to your site (this increases its relevance) .
2. Outbound Marketing: In this type of digital marketing, you will work with buying paid ads. This type of strategy is complementary to SEO because it gives short term results! The most famous services that use this type of model is the Google Ads and Facebook Ads. In both, you pay per click you receive, this is called PCP.
3. E-mail marketing: Another very famous term in the world of digital marketing is the sending of email marketing. This strategy is still one of the most used and with the greatest result. Carrying out email marketing campaigns means getting customers' email addresses and potential customers to regularly send you information about your business. Usually, this strategy is very much associated with content marketing.
4. Content Marketing (Inbound): O content marketing is totally involved with SEO strategies and, in most cases, also with E-mail Marketing. Being using content marketing strategies means that you are creating posts, videos, e-books, etc. to help your customers with issues associated with your product / service and in the process are seeking to attract them to your site. Usually, this is very much associated with blogging and also profiles on social networks!
5. Affiliate Marketing: The affiliate digital marketing strategy is to search for websites / influencers that talk to the same audience as your company and offer them commissions to advertise your products. It is quite common when you have an e-commerce and it is a strategy that helps within SEO, as it generates links recommending your site!
6. Social Marketing: Of all the types of marketing on this list, this is probably the most recent. It has begun to explode in recent years with the growth of Facebook and all other social networks. It is closely associated with content marketing strategies and also, as in the case of facebook, for performance marketing campaigns. This happens because you can let your content on the networks spread in an organic way or also sponsor them to increase your reach!
These examples of digital marketing types are a summary of the universe that exists and I hope it helps you find yourself and know how to get more information about a specific type. If you have questions or are curious about other terms, please leave your comment!