Projects, inside or outside a company, are created and developed based on ideas, from the process of finding a solution to the implementation and verification of its results. planning well designed.
Hence the briefing, an indispensable material for those who seek assertiveness in their decisions. After all, often the success or failure of companies depends on the measures that are taken in the early stages of their development, long before they are put into practice.
It is based on this scenario where companies need to make precise decisions that I invite you to read this article in order to highlight for you the importance of briefing given its amazing ability to bring extraordinary results through effective planning, accompany me.
What is Briefing?
It is a term of English origin whose meaning means instructions. Simply and objectively, briefing It is a document with instructions that aims to guide companies in the development and execution of a particular project.
It is widely used by various professionals in the areas of Administration, Marketing, Design, Advertising, among others where planning is vitally important in the process.
The instructions in this material should be clear and concise and, above all, objective and carefully selected to give the reader a clear idea of what actions and actions to take. Too long and too complex material could make processes confusing, misinterpreting their premise that making decisions simpler.
The material, generated by the briefing, can also be consulted as many times as necessary, being mandatory reading for all people directly related and related to the actions and measures described in the project.
Importance and Benefits of Briefing
The briefing has a multitude of benefits that make the implementation of any project much simpler, significantly accelerating its steps, and preparing you in advance to take action if there are any mishaps during its development.
More specifically, the briefing serves to guide people on:
Making accurate decisions that can contribute positively throughout projects, especially when it comes to matters that demand more complexity and importance, is the goal of every manager.
In order to have greater control over the scope of the project, ie the sum of all its products and requirements, it is essential that there is organization. Since the briefing calls for decisions to be made more dynamically, it is essential that it be guided so as to convey practicality and objectivity to its precepts.
Another important benefit of the briefing concerns the ease it promotes by objectively guiding its guides. Serving as a guiding tool in decision making and project development.
How to make a good briefing
The first step we already know, what it is and its premise. Now how to develop one? What information is required to constitute it?
There are some information and steps that are essential in creating a briefing project, they are:
- Company Data: The history as well as positioning of the company, its characteristics and products sold.
- Project's goal: You need to fully understand your client's goals. O target Well-defined is the necessary kick-off to proceed with project development.
- Target Audience: Know set audience This is of paramount importance, as established strategies tend to make product-customer approximation much easier.
- Competition: Competitors are key in setting a development benchmark. Knowing who they are, where they are positioned, and what their strategies can be as a margin for knowing what you need to do, how to stand out.
- Market Data: More than just knowing your competitor, it is necessary to study the market in which it operates, to find out its size, possibility of expansion, which are its seasonality, suppliers.
- Budget: Budget issues should be clearly defined, as this will be reflected in the overall development of the project, tailoring it to the amount invested.
- Timeline: Timeframes should be planned according to your actual need, and it is essential that when planning is taken into account possible mishaps that may impair the quality and delivery of the project.
- Objections: At the planning meeting, it is important that you do not agree and set all the wishes on the agenda, whether the contractor or the contractor. There must be discernment regarding the objections set by both sides, seeking not only balance but also what can best manage results.
It is clear that, with the measures to be taken, there is no fixed and general briefing model that broadly embraces the needs of all companies.
It needs to be tailored to each client, which highlights the importance of the information contained in its planning and the need for Effective communication between the parts. Meetings held for project discussion should be based on meaningful data for the project and its development.
Exchanging this information is a critical part of understanding the project objective and what must be done to achieve it, taking into account all possible scenarios to make the decisions made as assertive as possible.
All this shows us two points that may be responsible for the success of your project. Working together, uniting transparency, commitment and knowledge. The other point is planning, which adopts the form of briefing, it is the guide that will make the link between idea and action, giving practical and tangible aspects to the project.
What strategies does your company adopt for project development? Is she really engaged in the pursuit of incredible results?
Investing in methods such as briefing is a guarantee of assertiveness; after all, achieving extraordinary results requires more than good ideas, it requires organization and planning.
This article was written by IBC - Brazilian Coaching Institute, in partnership with Blog Luz.