It has never been more accessible to become a digital entrepreneur, launching your online business, or expanding your company to new customers, all over Brazil and around the world.
With more and more E-commerce tools and platforms, your journey to become a digital entrepreneur will not necessarily require you to understand programming, or need to make large investments in creating your own online virtual store.
A digital entrepreneur ends up being an entrepreneur based on his online business model. That is, it focuses mainly on the internet, making it able to reach a much wider and wider audience. Something that, for example, would be more complicated if your business remained limited to physical space.
But what does it really take to become a digital entrepreneur? Will everyone who has a good business idea automatically be a good digital entrepreneur?
This is precisely what we are going to answer in our article, helping you as much as possible to understand the steps that should be taken, to “dive” in the best possible way in this new and attractive space, such as digital entrepreneurship.
Best tips for becoming a digital entrepreneur
Realizing a little better what a digital entrepreneur is, understand now what are the best tips you can follow if you want to take the next step, as an online entrepreneur or investor.
Thus, these are the steps that more and more successful digital entrepreneurs in Brazil are taking, avoiding basic mistakes in planning and implementing their online project:
1. Choose a business that solves a need
The internet is a very competitive space. For this reason, and in order to attract people to your business, your project must deliver value or respond to a need of your potential customers.
Whether selling a service, promoting your business or selling products directly, know that you will be competing against other digital entrepreneurs. So, if your business idea is useful, innovative, technological and if you reach your target audience with quality, you will be closer to being able to get your leads and convert them into sales.
2. Project planning
If you think you already have an innovative idea, which has been tested and studied to enter the market with quality, the second step is to do the planning your project online. How much money is available to invest in the development of your website or online store?
Thus, you will have to establish a solid budget to be able to take the first steps as a digital entrepreneur. The good news is that, as was highlighted at the beginning, hosting services, website builders and even online advertising itself have never been more accessible than they are now.
3. Choose the best website builder for your business
This is a decisive step, which can determine whether your online business will be successful or not. Fortunately, Brazilian digital entrepreneurs have access to some of the largest and best E-commerce platforms in the world, such as: Loja Integrada, Woocommerce, Shopify or Wix.
On all of these platforms you will have the following advantages so that, in just a few hours, you can build the ideal website for your business model, corresponding to your expectations and those of your customers:
- Simple and fast editing system - most website builders have “drag and drop” technology, which allows you to edit your web pages, without having to understand programming.
- Applications to improve your website - the large E-commerce platforms allow you to add applications, to further improve the quality of your website or online store.
- Full service to get started now - many of these builders offer the most different services in one place. Whether buying a domain, hosting, page editing, building or even email marketing strategies, you can find everything in a single plan from one of these platforms.
- Professional support - another advantage is that on these platforms you will be able to count on a huge help in all phases of the process from the beginning to the final phase of completing your website.
4. Automate your web pages in search engines
One of the biggest secrets that successful digital entrepreneurs have is that they always try to generate organic traffic, that is, to make it possible for their potential customers to reach your website or online store for free.
However, for this to happen, it is crucial to respect the SEO best practices, increasing the maximum the chances that you will have to be able to rank ahead of your competitors in the main search engines, such as Google.
As an example, how many times have you bothered, in an online search, to go to the second or third page of Google results? This is explained because people have a natural tendency to click on the websites that appear first, in the results presented by Google.
Now, if you intend to generate organic traffic from anyone who is interested in your business keywords, it is crucial to respect and maximize the best SEO practices. By the end of the month, you will be getting a lot of people on your website, without having to invest money to generate paid traffic for your online business.
5. Create a reputation and credibility for your online business
It is not enough just to be able to create a very appealing online store, or even to be able to attract a lot of organic traffic to your online business, it is crucial that you present a credible image. Otherwise, if your website is not well built or poorly managed, you will be losing customers every day.
That way, you will have to bet on the projection of your business with quality, starting with the name and ending with the service / product you are intending to sell to the public. There are numerous strategies that will considerably increase the credibility of what you are presenting.
These are some examples of the good practices and strategies that Brazilian entrepreneurs are implementing in their online businesses:
- Elegant and professional logo and website image - fortunately, in website builders it is already possible to choose templates that will help you to build a highly credible and well-structured website.
- Social confirmation - your customers will be much more tempted to pay for your product / service if there is social evidence on your web pages that the quality you are selling has quality.
- Presence on social networks - for a business to be credible and reputable, nowadays, it must have a large presence on social networks. Undoubtedly, this is an excellent way to reach your audience with credibility.
- Promotions or offers - who doesn't like promotions? Now, in their marketing strategies, having offers or promotions can lead to many customers deciding to buy your product.
- Create a sense of urgency - one of the most used marketing strategies is that you create a feeling that your lead will be missing out on a great opportunity if you don't immediately buy your service / product.
6. Strategies for paid traffic with ads
At this time, many digital entrepreneurs confess that the most difficult is not even the creation of their website or online store. But, yes, the way your services or products will be able to reach your target audience.
If, as has already been highlighted, organic traffic should be a mandatory approach for online entrepreneurs, the truth is that this traffic, even being relevant, can take months even years. So, so that you can start with your business or project on a “full gas” basis, you will have to invest money in paid traffic.
There are several options for you to be able to attract potential customers to your website. Although the best way to start is to invest in Facebook ads or Google Adwords.
By investing in exposure time for your advertisements on two of the largest platforms in the world, you will be reaching your audience quickly and effectively, if the ads are well made.
The great advantage of being able to invest in advertisements on these giant platforms is that on them you will have the chance to choose the demographics of your target audience. For example, if you are selling women's clothing, on Facebook ads or Google Adwords, you can choose to have your advertising reach female audiences of a certain age, behaviors and tastes.
7. The power of email marketing and up-selling
Finally, it is important that you understand the enormous importance and potential that good email marketing strategies and up-selling (selling one product after another) can have on the overall results of your online business.
When doing e-mail marketing, and thanks to the information you will receive from online store builders, such as Shopify, you will know what e-mails are from your customers, or from people who, for one reason or another, have given up buying your product.
In other words, you will have the chance to "up-sell", or create a link with a customer who has already bought or has been trying to buy what was present on your website, always through a sequence of emails planned.
One of the good email marketing strategies is to offer exclusive promotions to your previous customers, especially for products or services that are related to the interests you already know from that same customer.