Within the digital marketing strategies of any business, the most desired goal is the famous free traffic which is also knowledge as organic traffic. It has this name because it is when you get access from normal Google searches as opposed to hits obtained through paid ads.
Although Google's rankings algorithm is a great mystery, it is known in outline how it works. Basically, for each searched expression, Google will fetch the pages with the most relevant content and present them in the form of a ranking.
As typically corporate websites have only information about the business itself as its customers, services and history, having a blog is essential as it allows you to gain more organic access for the following reasons:
1. Different Contents: In the blog, you can talk about various issues related to your product and market, which opens up a myriad of possibilities.
2. Most Extensive Content: While the explanation of a product has up to 500 words, a blog post can reach 2000 words
3. More Pages: Typically, a website has 10-15 pages that can be ranked by Google, a blog already has thousands
4. More Chance to Achieve References: Getting other sites pointing to your links is relevant to rank well organically. So, it's easier to get a link to a post than someone directly recommending your product!
Now, to set up a successful blog you need to follow some general steps that will help you grow with more speed and security:
1. Choosing a Reliable Technology: There are dozens of site options and technologies to create a blog. However, none of these WordPress in terms of ease of use and assurance of good information architecture practices. WordPress will allow you to easily create and manage posts, while also being easily integrated with external services such as registration and email sending software. Moreover, WordPress is the most used platform in the world that guarantees high quality and also hundreds of suppliers on the go. If you wanted to dig deeper into this topic, check out our other post on using WordPress!
2. Have a Beautiful and Functional Layout: One of the facilities of WordPress is that you do not need a designer to make a beautiful, professional and functional layout. Because the technology is very widespread, there are several sites that already sell themes ready to use that can be acquired and activated in a matter of minutes! A good example is the Themeforest!
3. Quality and Authoral Content: An essential part of setting up a successful blog is planning the content that will be generated. Typically, this should be done in matters related to your final product and that can help your customer in the pre-purchase and post-purchase. For example, if you sell clothes, you can talk about different fabrics, ways to carefully wash the product, different cuts of clothing for different ages and occasions and so on! But you should not fall into the anxiety and trap of creating quick and worthless thing. Increasingly, it is important to write deep, well-structured text that truly addresses that challenge.
4. Do Keyword Research: After defining the theme for each post, you should do a keyword search using the Google Word Planner to check which expression is most searched. For example, there may be a relevant difference between a post called "How to Build a Success Blog" and another called "How to Create a Success Blog"!
5. Write Regularly and Search: A blog requires discipline to succeed. Your return depends not only on the above topics, but also on building a community! So, for both writing and maintaining a relationship with readers, you need to write regularly, even if it's once a month! A good practice is, as long as you do not spell it out, conduct searches and talk with customers to feed back the content planning process!
6. Advertise on Social Networks and RSS: The beginning of any blog depends also on the first readers and fans who will help in spreading and word of mouth. So you should use social networking to get a head start on both company fanpage and personal profiles! Another important point is always to be registered the e-mail of the readers and to create a list of automatic sending of the new posts. So, your community will grow exponentially!
7. Search Partners / Guest Posts: Finally, to ensure a good use of all the strategies above it is interesting to look for other websites and blogs partners who have a similar audience and have an interest in referencing your content, this will help in your ranking.
Well, these are the top tips for anyone who wants to set up a successful blog. Of course, each such topic can be deepened, but following these general lines, you guarantee a very strong start!